Global Issues with Coronavirus
- Nakanishi Risk Management Update
The global spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is affecting every one of us and we sincerely hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. It is with an abundance of caution that we remain open for business, taking every possible measure to protect our employees while supporting our customers, around the world.
Current business impact
We are fortunate that none of our employees have been afflicted by the virus. Our manufacturing facility in Fukui, Japan is fully operational, with heightened health and safety measures in place.
We continue to add precautionary measures to reduce employee risk, following established local and national governmental guidelines as well as expanded Company measures.
- – Sanitation measures have been strengthened at our facility, including the addition of hand sanitizer stations at the entrance to every department
- – Frequent hand washing with soap is encouraged for all employees
- – All employees are required to wear Company provided FOC masks while in our manufacturing facility, and are reminded to always cover their mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing
- – All Company travels, both domestic and international, have been halted until further notice
- – Unnecessary meetings and gatherings have been canceled or rescheduled using video conferencing technology to ensure social distancing
- – Employees are asked to report any symptoms, including fever, cough or difficulty breathing to their department manager, especially if they have had direct contact with anyone traveling overseas within the last three weeks
- – Our manufacturing facility is ventilated three times each day during scheduled breaks
- – Overtime is being reduced as much as possible to further promote social distancing
We are committed to the health and well being of our employees, customers and suppliers and will do whatever we can to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Together we will get through this.
Thank you for your continued support and trust.
President / CEO